Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Thoughts: In my own words (recent media commentary) « School Finance 101

Friday Thoughts: In my own words (recent media commentary) « School Finance 101:

Friday Thoughts: In my own words (recent media commentary)

Interview for In These Times:

[I]t’s much easier to point blame at those working within the system–like teachers–than to actually raise the revenues to provide the resources necessary to really improve the system–to pay sufficient wages to attract and retain top college graduates and to provide the working conditions that would make teaching more appealing–including smaller total student loads… and higher quality infrastructure, materials, supplies, equipment and other supports.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/working/entry/12618/teachers_and_communities_overshadowed_by_corporate_fixes_for_schools/

In my interview with Geoff Mulvihill of AP: