Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Facebooking with students « Cooperative Catalyst

Facebooking with students « Cooperative Catalyst:

Facebooking with students

via Lost In Recursion

I know it makes a lot of teachers nervous/sick-to-the-stomach, but I absolutely LOVE communicating with students through Facebook. Yes, I Facebook with students. In fact, I accept every request they send my way, because it is an incredible way to take seriously what I believe about relationships and learning.

I bring it up, because I had a fantastic exchange with an Algebra 2 student yesterday, and it couldn’t have happened if I refused or was prohibited from using Facebook with my students.

* * *

An Algebra 2 student of mine sent me a message last night saying, “Those Vi Hart videos are pretty crazy, The