Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Scum bags. « Fred Klonsky

Scum bags. « Fred Klonsky:

Scum bags.

I received some interesting reactions to my post on pension abuse.

This week the Illinois legislature, facing billions of dollars in unpaid pension obligations, took a bold stand and made it illegal in the future for someone to collect from the Teacher Retirement Fund based on earnings they would have received if they left the clasroom to work for a teachers union.

That was how they responded to their failure to meet their obligations.

GOP Illinois House leader Tom Cross, author of the pension killing Senate Bill 512, also wrote this bill. A bigger diversion you will be hard pressed to find.

I got sucked in to this diversion, I suppose. And I’m not sorry. Some people called these guys “scum bags.” I