Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Letter to the Board about a Superintendent Search

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Letter to the Board about a Superintendent Search:

Letter to the Board about a Superintendent Search

Dear Directors,

Not to be premature but it seems the vibe I am getting is that there will not be a superintendent search.

I think Sue Peters did a great job in laying out issues about Superintendent Enfield. I am especially troubled by Dr. Enfield's rapid turnover at jobs as well as the silence from the last district where she was employed . That the staff there was directed not to speak about her is worrisome.

I like Dr. Enfield. I feel she has calmed the waters and done good outreach to the community. But I have not heard, in detail, her vision. I know what AGREE appears to be but what is that vis a vis the Strategic Plan? What