Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Larry Ferlazzo: The Best (and Worst) Education News of 2011

Larry Ferlazzo: The Best (and Worst) Education News of 2011:

Larry Ferlazzo

GET UPDATES FROM LARRY FERLAZZO

The Best (and Worst) Education News of 2011

Posted: 12/ 3/11 01:00 PM ET

Here's my humble attempt to identify the best and the worst education news that occurred during the past 12 months. I hope you'll take time to share your own choices in the comment section.

I'll list the ones I think are the best first, followed by the worst. However, it's too hard to rank them within those categories, so I'm not listing them in any order.

You might also be interested in my list from last year, "The Best (and Worst) Education News of 2010."

The Best Education News in 2010:

*A new "meta-analysis" of hundreds of studies found that "discovery learning" (inductive, inquiry, constructivist) was more effective than direct