Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Larry Ferlazzo: Education-Related Predictions for 2012

Larry Ferlazzo: Education-Related Predictions for 2012:

Larry Ferlazzo

GET UPDATES FROM LARRY FERLAZZO



Education-Related Predictions for 2012

Posted: 12/29/11 03:40 PM ET

I recently posted The Best (and Worst) Education News of 2011, and thought I'd take a stab at some prognostication for 2012.

I think I batted close to 50 percent in last year's predictions -- that can't be that much worse than those made by professional pundits.

Feel free to add your own predictions in the comments section -- and don't hesitate to include "wishful thinking!"

Here are my Education-Related Predictions For 2012:

1. Proponents of what is typically called "school reform" -- expansion of charter schools and