Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Is Relentless Test Prepping a Constructive Response? « City School Stories

Is Relentless Test Prepping a Constructive Response? « City School Stories:

Is Relentless Test Prepping a Constructive Response?

Teacher Stories

Submitted by Teacher Man on November 29, 2011

My principal recently made it very clear to me that the only written works produced by my 7th and 8th grade students worthy of display, are their constructed responses. In the Philadelphia School District and in my school especially, children are regularly expected to write these limiting and repetitive responses per the direction of our central leadership. According to my principal, it is vitally important that students score the maximum amount of points allowed for the opened-ended responses on the PSSA test. He