Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 12, 2011

Jersey Jazzman: Corporate "Reformers" Get Corporate Salaries

Jersey Jazzman: Corporate "Reformers" Get Corporate Salaries

Corporate "Reformers" Get Corporate Salaries

I asked earlier today what the salaries were for the corporate "reformers" - you know, the ones who want to radically change teacher compensation systems.

In the comments, Ken pointed me toward guidestar.org. It's a site where you can get IRS forms from a wide variety of non-profits (you have to remember folks: I'm just an amateur, and I'm learning as I go. So any time any of you can send me in the right direction, I really appreciate it - thanks, Ken!).

Part of IRS reporting includes compensation for top officers. But you can only get this data if the organization has been around long enough to have filed a 990. Michelle Rhee's Students First and Derrell Bradford's B4K haven't had to file yet, so we don't know what they make. However...

The average yearly teacher salary is around $55,000. So, if we use my previous list, we can figure out how much

What It's Like To Watch A GOP Debate