Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 30, 2011

#SOSMarch The Save Our Schools March « Outside the Cave

The Save Our Schools March « Outside the Cave

The Save Our Schools March

I already wrote a bit personally about why I’m marching today, but as I get ready to head over to the elipse to join with thousands of my fellow teachers and our allies, I thought it was worth publishing what is bringing a very diverse coalition of people together in order to try to better the lives of children and young adults across the country:

The SOS March Guiding Principals

For the future of our children, we demand:

Equitable funding for all public school communities

  • Equitable funding across all public schools and school systems
  • Full public funding of family and community support services
  • Full funding for 21st century school and neighborhood libraries