Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 24, 2011

An open letter to administrators… | Connected Principals

An open letter to administrators… | Connected Principals

An open letter to administrators…



With permission, I share with you teacher Justin Tarte‘s open letter to administrators.

As he says, “Don’t take this open letter as us trying to tell you how to do your job. As Educators we must all be open for suggestions and advice…” And the reality here is that each one of his points are ones well worth both being reminded of and/or reflecting on. I’ve never met Justin, but I fell like he is one of my teachers (in more ways than one). He is a digital colleague and I hope that like me, you’ll appreciate the value of some of the things he shares below:

"write letter"

An open letter to administrators…

Dear administrators,

We have a lot of respect for what you do. Your job is extremely difficult, and there are lots of aspects of your job that we don’t fully understand. Your ability to lead an entire staff and student body is frankly amazing, and more importantly, you always seem cool, calm and collected. There are times where we would love to have your job;