Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 3, 2011

IEA’s Communications Director, Charlie McBarron responds. « Fred Klonsky's blog

IEA’s Communications Director, Charlie McBarron responds. « Fred Klonsky's blog

IEA’s Communications Director, Charlie McBarron responds.

I received this email today from the IEA’s Communications Director, Charlie McBarron. He responds to my earlier post. I criticized the IEA for linking as a news item on our website a report attacking the Michigan Education Association. The faux news report originated with the anti-union Mackinac Center for Public Policy. The IEA linked to it through a local anti-union blogger.

Hi Fred:

I was surprised to learn of today’s posting regarding IN THE NEWS, when my friend and colleague from the Michigan Education Association brought it to my attention this evening.

In your blog, you make much of the inclusion of a particular link to an item in the daily news summary. The link is to a negative story that originated from a biased source. Generally speaking,

The Wall.

San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico. Photo: Just Seeds