Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Daily Kos: the morning after - a personal reflection

Daily Kos: the morning after - a personal reflection

the morning after - a personal reflection

Who knew. Yesterday when I was doing my taxes I happened to take a break and read the President's remarks after a deal on funding the government was reached. I was upset. I started writing and posted a diary. That was almost 24 hours ago. As I come back to the site this morning, it remains near the top of the recommended list, with another 200+ comments since I last went through. I will get to them. I always do.

I have gotten a lot of feedback on the diary. Not only through the massive comment thread, but also on Facebook, through Twitter, through direct email messages.

Meanwhile my main task of yesterday,our taxes, is almost complete. It will be tight, because we will not get our state return back before we have to pay the Feds, but we will not be too badly hurt being late on bills. The mortgage will be on time, which is the most important.

Having had some distance from the turmoil of yesterday's diary - and some of the other diaries on all sides of the issue - I find I am able to step back and offer some comments that at least help me understand what I did and why, and perhaps might be of some use to others. And so I offer them.