Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Some second thoughts on the Ackerman contracting controversy | Philadelphia Public School Notebook

Some second thoughts on the Ackerman contracting controversy | Philadelphia Public School Notebook

Some second thoughts on the Ackerman contracting controversy

When I read the front page article in The Inquirer in late November charging Arlene Ackerman with questionable and possibly illegal behavior in relation to the awarding of contracts for installing cameras at city high schools, I wanted to jump up from my morning coffee and high-five my wife. As may be clear by my posts on this website, I'm not a big fan of the superintendent, so public exposure of her apparent missteps was like an early Christmas present.

Featured Title:
We shouldn't be investigating only the acts of the superintendent

read more