Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Revisiting Technology Predictions for 2020 | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Revisiting Technology Predictions for 2020 | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Revisiting Technology Predictions for 2020

Steve Jobs while introducing the iPad in San F...

Image via Wikipedia

I just read a list of high-tech tools that have become obsolete in the past decade (e.g., floppies, fax machines). I used many of these myself and remember junking them, saying to myself: hey, these were highly touted, I bought the second- or third-generation version and now I am dumping them (of course, in an ecologically correct manner). Still the number of high-tech machines and applications that hit their expiration date so quickly stunned me.

Then I read another list of high-tech predictions for 2020 that was equally entertaining about the future of schools, well, not schools as we know them in December 2010. This list posted by a high-tech enthusiast who yearns for