Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 12, 2010

Gottfried: ERN Mailers “Seriously Misstates My View” � DFER Watch

Gottfried: ERN Mailers “Seriously Misstates My View” � DFER Watch

GOTTFRIED: ERN MAILERS “SERIOUSLY MISSTATES MY VIEW”

You might remember that ERN sent out mailers praising politicians for voting for the bill to lift the charter cap in NY. Assembly Member Richard Gottfried clarified his vote for the bill in the letter below:
Charter Schools: Where I Stand
Dear friend:
You may have received a mailing saying “thank you” to me for helping to pass legislation to expand charter schools in New York. I had nothing to do with that mailing, and it seriously misstates my view.
Whether you support or oppose charter schools, I want you to know where I stand. I do not support