Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 22, 2021

THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS Dad Gone Wild Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it

 Dad Gone Wild – Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.


THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS 
Dad Gone Wild 
Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it




CHOICES, IT’S ALL ABOUT CHOICES.
“I volunteer because it makes me look helpful, and it gives me first dibs on the refreshments.” ― Richard Osman, The Thursday Murder Club For all intents and purposes, the school year all over but the shouting. Grades have been turned in. Graduations scheduled. Library books returned. By mid-week next week, most districts will be closing the books on the 2020/2021 school year. But that doesn’t me
CAN I GET A LITTLE SUPPORT FOR THAT SUPPOSITION?
“We’re all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding.” ― Rudyard Kipling, The Light That Failed So riddle me this? I can shop at Publix without a mask, but I can’t get more than 4 tickets per student to a high school graduation ceremony, why? A graduation is a once-in-a-lifetime event and it appears we are erring on the side of caution. We are talking about robbing stude
AUTOPSY OF A SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
“these self-righteous censors often construct a “hero narrative” about themselves in which they are morally pure crusaders who must protect society from the objectionable opinions of the unenlightened masses.” ― Greg Lukianoff, Freedom from Speech Yesterday, Nashville’s Mayor Cooper announced that the city would be lifting its mask mandate at 5 AM this morning. The announcement came just hours af
PROPOSED RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
“Though [Abraham Lincoln] never would travel to Europe, he went with Shakespeare’s kings to Merry England; he went with Lord Byron poetry to Spain and Portugal. Literature allowed him to transcend his surroundings.” ― Doris Kearns Goodwin When I first started bartending, it was drilled into my head that discussions around politics or religion were not welcome at a bar. It was advice I promptly ig

 Dad Gone Wild – No