Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Let the Children Play – My Prescription for Covid “Learning Loss” | gadflyonthewallblog

Let the Children Play – My Prescription for Covid “Learning Loss” | gadflyonthewallblog
Let the Children Play – My Prescription for Covid “Learning Loss”


Things are different in school these days.

The classes are smaller.

The kids are more subdued.

The teachers are exhausted.

But that’s life as we try to overcome the Covid-19 pandemic and somehow get back to normal.

I come into the room every day and sit behind a glass barrier.

My kids either stumble in from the hall wearing masks (often below their noses) or they log in to Zoom and participate on-line.

It’s far from ideal, but we get things done.

Right now we’re reading the play version of “The Diary of Anne Frank.”

The kids were reticent at first.

With the unreliable schedules of in-person vs remote learning, it took us months to CONTINUE READING: Let the Children Play – My Prescription for Covid “Learning Loss” | gadflyonthewallblog