Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 3, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


‘I No Longer Give Grades on Student Writing Assignments, and It’s the Best Thing Ever!’
is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Five educators share how they have helped students motivate themselves to revise their writing. Here are some excerpts:
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Is On Jan. 18th – Here Are Teaching & Learning Resources
WikiImages / Pixabay Martin Luther King Jr. Day will be celebrated on January 18th this year. You might be interested in The Best Websites For Learning About Martin Luther King, Jr .
Most Popular Posts Of The Week
I’m making a change in the content of the regular feature. In addition to sharing the top five posts that have received the most “hits” in the preceding seven days (though they may have originally been published on an earlier date), I will also include the top five posts that have actually appeared in the past week. Often, these are different posts. You might also be interested in IT’S THE THIRTE
Sunday’s Must-Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos On School Reopenings
Memed_Nurrohmad / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Schools in India have been closed since March. The costs to children are mounting. is from The Washington Post. 4) Given this evidence, I think we need to rethink school reopenings until we get this new B117 variant strain under control. We need every teacher and school worker (
A Look Back: Here’s My Chapter On Elements Of A Successful Lesson, Along With Student Hand-Outs THEY Use To Teach
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . This post originally appeared in 2015. Kidaha / Pixabay I’m a big advocate and practitioner of creating opportunities for students to be teachers (see The Best Posts On Helping Students Teach Their Classmates ). I’ve previously posted
“substack” Looks Like An Easy Way To Create Email Newsletters
I had heard a little about substack , but didn’t really have any idea about what it was until I read this week’s New Yorker article headlined Is Substack the Media Future We Want? I thought it was a pretty interesting article, and it’s not very long. It’s easy to use it substack to “monetize” an email newsletter by charging for a subscription, but it appears just as easy to create a free one. I’m
Saturday’s Must-Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos on School Reopenings
congerdesign / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : What Gov. Newsom’s $2 billion school reopening plan means for Sacramento-area districts is from The Sacramento Bee. Covid fears spark revolt by unions over return to school in England is from The Guardian. Ministers urged to close all schools in England for two weeks is from The Gu
This Would Be An Interesting Social Studies Assignment: Choose The Best & Worst Years In History
johnhain / Pixabay In my ELL World and U.S. History classes, I’ll often have students do projects where they have to identify who they think were the most influential figures, or the most important events (of course, they have to back-up their claims with evidence). I use materials from The Best “Lists Of Lists” Of Influential People, Events & Ideas as models. I’ve recently seen pieces arguing ab
Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TE

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007