Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007
 
 

Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/10/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos.html


Tuesday’s Must-Read Articles & Must-Watch Videos On School Reopening
moritz320 / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : Now Taking the Stage in the Pandemic: The School Nurse is from The NY Times. N.Y.C. Closes Some Schools … Again is from The NY Times. What It’s Like to Be a Teacher in 2020 America is from The NY Times.
“Strategies for Implementing Online Culturally Responsive Teaching”
Strategies for Implementing Online Culturally Responsive Teaching is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Four educators offer suggestions on how to provide online culturally responsive teaching, including by providing choice and opportunities for self-reflection. Here are some excerpts:
Five Helpful Resources For Teaching About The Presidential Election
AnnaliseArt / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST RESOURCES FOR TEACHING ABOUT THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION : Teaching Resources for the 2020 US Election is from Facing History. The Election Collection is from PBS. Civics Education Resource Site is from Illinois Civics. Is the Election Still a Teachable Moment? is from Ed Week.
Everything You Wanted To Know About Field Trips (Both “Virtual” & “Real”) But Were Afraid To Ask
AzamKamolov / Pixabay I have over 2,100 frequently revised and updated “Best” lists on just about every subject imaginable, and you can find them listed three different ways in three different places (see Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists ). I’m starting to publish a series where each day I will highlight the “Best” lists in a separate category. Today, it’s on Field Trips
Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART ONE , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this w
Results Of Weekly “Self-Assessments” Done By Members Of “Leadership Teams” In Each Of My Classes
I’ve previously posted about the important of “Leadership Teams” in each of the five classes I’m teaching this year via full time distance learning, and it’s definitely one of the strategies I’ll be carrying with me whenever we return to the physical classroom (I’ve also previously shared about other surveys I use – see Here Are Student Responses To Surveys I Used One-Month Into Full-Time Virtual
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On “Avoiding the Most Common Mistakes When Teaching English Language Learners On-site and Virtually”
My latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show is on “ Avoiding the Most Common Mistakes When Teaching English Language Learners On-site and Virtually. ” I’m joined in the conversation by Altagracia (Grace) H. Delgado, Dr. Denita Harris, Marina Rodriguez and Sarah Said, who have also all contributed 

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007