Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

With A Brooklyn Accent: A Message to Trump Supporters- And To All of Us

With A Brooklyn Accent: A Message to Trump Supporters- And To All of Us

A Message to Trump Supporters- And To All of Us



To all the people who will be voting for Trump in spite of, and perhaps because of, his cruelty, his lies, his incompetence and his fomenting of violence and racial divisions. You have your own reasons for doing this, your own moral calculus through which you can explain your actions. What you are doing not only saddens me, it enrages me. I may not say anything or do anything about my feelings. People have the right to vote for who they want to. But I will not soon forget this injury, to me, my students, my family, and my country, To me, voting for Donald Trump is a rejection of everything I was taught to aspire to when I grew up in a more innocent age. It is a rejection of everything I was taught that America represented. Given what we know about him, what we learn about him every day, the Donald Trump Presidency marks the CONTINUE READING: With A Brooklyn Accent: A Message to Trump Supporters- And To All of Us