Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 21, 2020

Jose Interviews Mr. Vilson, Part 5: Now, It's Every Classroom | The Jose Vilson

Jose Interviews Mr. Vilson, Part 5: Now, It's Every Classroom | The Jose Vilson

JOSE INTERVIEWS MR. VILSON, PART 5: NOW, IT’S EVERY CLASSROOM




Jose: So!
Mr. Vilson: So.
J: So …
MV: Awkward, isn’t it?
J: Right. So … what would you like to tell everyone about this moment?
MV: Well, I’ve officially resigned from the NYC Department of Education. It wasn’t an easy choice, but it was the choice presented. I applied for study leave and they rejected it, so it was only a matter of time. It’s fine. This felt inevitable given that I got a full scholarship to “King’s College …”
J: Another Hamilton reference.
MV: I do that.
J: But why here? Why now?
MV: Contrary to what people might think, it wasn’t due to COVID. I would have loved to step into a fight like this. Let me remind you that we’ve taught during several emergencies. There wasn’t a fight I wasn’t willing to break up, a stairwell I wasn’t willing to clear out, a student I wasn’t willing to  CONTINUE READING: Jose Interviews Mr. Vilson, Part 5: Now, It's Every Classroom | The Jose Vilson