Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Steven Singer: Schools, Americans and Covid: A Love Letter - LA Progressive

Schools, Americans and Covid: A Love Letter - LA Progressive

Schools, Americans and Covid: A Love Letter




Hey, American Peeps!
It’s me! Coronavirus! Technically, the name’s Covid-19, but with you guys, we can cut the formality.
I mean after all, once I latched my spiky surface proteins to your nana’s lungs, we were basically family!
“YAK! COUGH!”

Your classrooms are splattered, your hallways, infested with my slime and contagion; your athletic fields and band rooms and teachers lounges are dripping with my love.

Music to my ears.
So it’s back to school time, and – let me tell you – am I ready to return to the classroom! Actually, I’m just bursting to pop onto campuses for the FIRST time this year.
When I came to these shores way back in March, some spoil sports decided to shut down the schools before I could really get in there.
You locked up your kids tight at home and did this distance learning thing online instead.
That really sucked. All I had was full grown bodies to infect.
I mean I wanted some nice young things to cuddle up to and bust my viral proteins through their CONTINUE READING: Schools, Americans and Covid: A Love Letter - LA Progressive