Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 23, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

  Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007
 
 

Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/08/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_22.html


Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists
(Note: I am going to publish this same post once each month to remind regular readers and inform newer ones about how to access my “Best” lists) As regular readers know, I have about 2,100 categorized and regularly updated “Best” lists. You can find all of them in broad categories here . The link to that page can also be found at the top right of my blog: My Best Of Series I also have them all on
“Q&A Collections: Learning & the Brain”
Q&A Collections: Learning & the Brain is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. All Classroom Q&A posts on Learning & the Brain (from the past nine years!) are described and linked to in this compilation post. Here’s an excerpt from one of them:
Interesting New Video: “The most spoken Languages in the world (1900-2020)
Tumisu / Pixabay This is an interesting new video from Stats Media:
Sunday’s Five “Must-Read” Articles & “Must-Watch” Videos About School Reopenings
geralt / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : “This is exactly what we’ve been warning about”: Why some school reopenings have backfired is from Vox. Why New York Teachers Might Have to Strike is from The Atlantic.
A Look Back: “Teacher: How my 9th graders graded me”
I’m taking a few days off from publishing new posts this week. I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . As regular readers know, I have students in my high school and my college classes complete anonymous evaluations of the courses and of me at the end of each semester, and p
JSTOR Provides Free Access Up To 100 Articles Each Month Through December
ElisaRiva / Pixabay JSTOR, one of the primary gatekeepers of academic research, just announced that anyone will have access to as many as 100 articles each month – for free. You can read about it at JSTOR resources during COVID-19 . Of course, there are other ways to gain free access to these journals (see The Best Tools For Academic Research ), but JSTOR’s move may make it a bit easier for many
Three Resources For Lessons Related To The Coronavirus
AnnaliseArt / Pixabay Here are three new additions to A BEGINNING LIST OF THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS : COVID-19’s death and suffering could lead us to rebirth, as the bubonic plague did in Europe is from NBC News. America’s uniquely bad Covid-19 epidemic, explained in 18 maps and charts is from Vox. How Do Masks Really Help Us? is a lesson plan and this video from KQED:
The Possibilities & Perils Of Teaching & Learning With Tech
I’ve been leading some professional development sessions for our school’s staff this summer. I thought readers might find three of the slides from my most recent one useful – on the possibilities and perils of tech. Let me know 

  Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007