Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... 
The latest news and resources in education since 2007






Wednesday’s Three “Must-Read” Articles On School Reopening Plans
Here are today’s new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : The Urgency Of Reopening Schools Safely is by Linda Darling Hammond. How other countries reopened schools during the pandemic – and what the US can learn from them is from The Conversation. COLUMN: School reopening plans must ensure safety of custodians, cafeteria workers, bus drivers and substit
Most Popular Posts Of The Week
I’m making a change in the content of the regular feature. In addition to sharing the top five posts that have received the most “hits” in the preceding seven days (though they may have originally been published on an earlier date), I will also include the top five posts that have actually appeared in the past week. Often, these are different posts. You might also be interested in IT’S THE THIRTE
“Q&A Collections: Writing Instruction”
Q&A Collections: Writing Instruction is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. All Classroom Q&A posts on Writing Instruction (from the past nine years!) are described and linked to in this compilation post. Here’s an excerpt from one of them:
Video: “Evolution Of World’s Tallest Building: Size Comparison (1901-2022)
mpewny / Pixabay I’m adding this new video to The Best Sites To Learn About The World’s Tallest Buildings :
A Look Back: The Importance Of Knowledge Transfer
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . In 2015, Routledge published the third book in my student motivation series, Building A Community Of Self-Motivated Learners: Strategies To Help Students Thrive In School and Beyond . The Washington Post published an excerpt from the c
Scary Statistic Of The Day: Counties Where Lynchings Took Place In The Past Paddle Black Students Now
Where Lynching Terrorized Black Americans, Corporal Punishment In Schools Lives On in the HuffPost reports on one hell of a study. You might also be interested in: The Best Resources Explaining The GAO Report That Finds Racial Disparities In School Discipline THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING HOW BLACK GIRLS ARE TREATED UNFAIRLY & WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT NEW REPORT SAYS CORPORAL PUNISHMENT DOESN’T WORK
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On “What Is the Role of Memorization When Teaching in a Post-Google World?”
What Is the Role of Memorization When Teaching in a Post-Google World is the topic of my latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show. I’m joined by Blake Harvard, Keisha Rembert and Donna Shrum, who have also contributed written commentaries to my Ed Week Teacher column. I’m adding this show to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .
Okay, Now, Here’s My Tentative Remote Teaching Plan For U.S. History
Peggy_Marco / Pixabay This week, I have begun trying to get a handle on a plan for remote teaching my classes this year and, as I wrote in The Washington Post yesterday, I have a lot of worries . This is the first of a series of posts where I’ll describe my tentative (and, boy, do I meant tentative ) about my plans for each class. Today, it’s my United States History class for Intermediate and Be
Tuesday’s Three “Must-Read” Articles On School Reopening Plans
Free-Photos / Pixabay Here are today’s new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : In Defense of Our Teachers is by Dave Grohl (yes, that David Grohl) and appears in The 
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007