Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 3, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007



TODAY

My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On “Five Good Reasons and Five Great Ways to Teach With Music”
Five Good Reasons and Five Great Ways to Teach With Music is the topic of my latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show. I’m joined by Denise Facey, Alycia Owen, Jennifer Schwanke, Rachelle Dene Poth and Sara Lev, who have also contributed written commentaries to my Ed Week Teacher column. I’m adding this show to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .
New Video: “Frederick Douglass’ Descendants Read His Famous ‘Fourth of July’ Speech”
I have other videos of Frederick Douglass’ famous speech at The Best Websites For Learning About The Fourth Of July , but this new one from NPR is definitely unique. You can also read his speech here.
“Q&A Collections: Implementing the Common Core”
Q&A Collections: Implementing the Common Core is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. All Classroom Q&A posts sharing advice on Implementing the Common Core (from the past nine years!) are described and linked to in this compilation post. Here’s an excerpt:
July 11th Is World Population Day – Here Are Teaching & Learning Resources
geralt / Pixabay The United Nations has declared July 11th to be World Population Day . You might be interested in The Best Resources For Learning About Our World’s Population Of 7 Billion .
This Is Interesting: “21 Lessons From America’s Worst Moments”
Wokandapix / Pixabay TIME Magazine often asks a bunch of historians questions like “Who were the most influential Americans?” or “Who were the 100 most significant figures in history?” You can find links to all them at The Best “Lists Of Lists” Of Influential People, Events & Ideas . I use them as models when I have my students answer similar questions in class. Today, TIME shared the answers to
New Resources On What The Next School Year Might – Or Might Not – Look Like
Maklay62 / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : NYC schools will reopen in the fall, the mayor says. The governor says not so fast is from CNN. Government should treat the need to reopen schools as an emergency. is from The NY Times. How schools across the globe are reopening amid the coronavirus pandemic is from Ed Source. Why a Pe
A Look Back: Nine Long-Term Changes I Think The Distance Learning Crisis Will – & Will Not – Bring To Our Schools
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from the first half of this year. You can see the entire collection of best posts from the past thirteen years here . Tumisu / Pixabay Yesterday, I shared my predictions of what the next school year might look like (see It’s Going To Be A New Classroom World In The Fall – Here Is What I Think It
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART ONE and THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 – PART TWO. A
It Will Have Been 100 Years In August Since Some Women Were Granted The Right To Vote – Here Are Teaching & Learning Resources
August will mark one-hundred years since the passage of the 19th Amendment. There will be lots of new resources coming online between now and then like today’s NY Times article, My _____ Was a Suffragist. I’ll be 
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007