Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Earl "Butch" Graves Jr.: "I Am Tired...The Pandemic Of Racism Must End" | NewBlackMan (in Exile)

Earl "Butch" Graves Jr.: "I Am Tired...The Pandemic Of Racism Must End" | NewBlackMan (in Exile)

Earl "Butch" Graves Jr.: "I Am Tired...The Pandemic Of Racism Must End"


Black Enterprise CEO: "I Am Tired...The Pandemic Of Racism Must End" 
by Earl "Butch" Graves Jr. | @EarlButchGraves | special to NewBlackMan (in Exile)

Over the past few days, civil unrest has gripped our entire nation. This was due to the unwarranted and senseless murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis last week by a police officer who placed his knee on the neck of Mr. Floyd for nine minutes as he begged for his life, while three other officers charged to protect and serve, did little - none of them displaying a shred of decency or humanity. It represents the latest, and perhaps the most disturbing, incident of police brutality against an African American man. As such, I feel compelled to share my personal thoughts because I cannot in all good conscience remain silent while the continuation of unchecked violence results in the loss of black lives without regard or consequence. 

I am a proud African American man who loves this country. I have close friends and family of all races, and I pride myself on being measured and fair. I have always tried to view the circumstances of life as "the glass 3/4 full instead of 1/4 empty," but my patience has truly run thin...and now I am tired! 

I am tired of watching innocent black men being targeted with violence at the hands of law enforcement. 

Tired of ignorant bigots taking the law into their own hands and feeling justified to confront black citizens. 

Tired of the media-driven, negative stereotypes that shape the dangerous narrative surrounding young black men. 

Tired of white people calling the police on black people, and weaponizing the police because they are entitled, scared, or distrusting. 

Tired of overlooking the purposeful or passive suppression of talented black professionals in Corporate CONTINUE READING: Earl "Butch" Graves Jr.: "I Am Tired...The Pandemic Of Racism Must End" | NewBlackMan (in Exile)