Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 27, 2020

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... 
A VERY BUSY DAY 
 The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Most Popular Posts Of The Week

I’m making a change in the content of the regular feature. In addition to sharing the top five posts that have received the most “hits” in the preceding seven days (though they may have originally been published on an earlier date), I will also include the top five posts that have actually appeared in the past week. Often, these are different posts. You might also be interested in IT’S THE TWELFT
Presidents’ Day Is Coming Up – Here Are Teaching & Learning Resources

WikiImages / Pixabay President’s Day celebrates the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln (though there is some confusion about the day itself ). You might be interested in The Best Resources About Presidents’ Day
This Looks Interesting From The PBS NewsHour: “Student Reporting Labs series explores stereotypes in school”

TeroVesalainen / Pixabay This looks like it should be an interesting new series from the PBS NewsHour:
This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Useful Posts & Articles On Ed Policy Issues

Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in THE BEST ARTICLES, VIDEOS & POSTS ON EDUCATION POLICY IN 2019 – PART TWO ): Philadelphia Teachers Sue Over Hazardous Buildings is from NPR. Introducing: A New Series on the Practical Takeaways From Research is from Ed Week. Diane Ravitch Declares the Education Reform Movement Dead is a NY
A Look Back: “Don’t Just Do Something, Sit There”

I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . In the final year of my community organizing career, I was honored to receive The Ford Foundation’s “Leadership For A Changing World” Award. One of the benefits of the award was that I was able to work with colleagues on a multi-year r
Here’s How My ELL Beginner Students Evaluated Our Class – and Me

bunzellisa / Pixabay Last week, I shared the form my Beginning ELL students were going to use to anonymously evaluate our class (see Here’s How My ELL Beginner Students Will Evaluate Our Class AND Me – How Can I Make It Better? ). It’s an activity I’ve used for many years (see Best Posts On Students Evaluating Classes (And Teachers) ) in all my classes. And it’s importance was recently highlighte
R.I.P. Kobe Bryant

I’m sure that, by now, everyone has heard of Kobe Bryant’s death. First, we teachers should keep this in mind: Teachers, If the news is confirmed of Kobe Bryant…be ready. Read up. Learn. Kids, parents, teachers idolize this incredible man. With Lebron just passing Kobe's scoring record days before this tragedy…there is a LOT of emotion. This is huge. Be ready. Be compassionate. #Kobe — Dorina Ebu


“Seven Ways to Bring Current Events Into the Classroom”

Seven Ways to Bring Current Events Into the Classroom is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Project-Based Learning and student-created podcasts are among the techniques six educators employ to bring 


Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007