Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY 
The latest news and resources in education since 2007



Quote of the Day: I’m Going To Keep “The Stonecutter’s Creedo” In Mind This Year

This year, as in all years past, there will be times when I’m feeling frustrated, disappointed, or impatient when I’m in the classroom. I’m going to try and keep “The Stonecutter’s Creedo” more in mind when that happens. I’m adding this to The Best Resources For Learning About “Grit”
Ed Tech Digest

Six years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2019 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this we
A Look Back: “Let’s Do Less ‘Fire, Ready, Aim'”

I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . Today, I’m sharing an article I wrote for The Huffington Post years ago where I take issue with advice from Seth Grodin where he basically says that if you have an idea you want to try, and it meets some resistance, you should just do
New BBC Video: “Transhumanism: Will humans evolve to something smarter?”

Alexas_Fotos / Pixabay I’m adding this new video from the BBC to The Best Sites For Learning About Human Evolution :
“In what ways can writing support reading instruction?”

The new question-of-the-week at my Education Week Teacher column is: In what ways can writing support reading instruction? Please leave responses in the comments section….
Video: “Confirmation Bias”

johnhain / Pixabay I’m adding this new video from Sprouts to THE BEST VIDEOS EXPLAINING CONFIRMATION BIAS:
The Best Tools That Show “Parallel Text” – Same Sentences Translated Into Different Languages Side-By-Side

skeeze / Pixabay When teaching English to older students, they sometimes – and understandably – get tired of reading books designed for much younger children. One way I deal with this challenge is by find more age-appropriate 

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007