Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Book Tour Diary: Early Days | Diane Ravitch's blog

Book Tour Diary: Early Days | Diane Ravitch's blog

Book Tour Diary: Early Days

My new book SLAYING GOLIATH was launched in Park Slope, Brooklyn, on January 21. It was a delightful event, with Carol Burris and I discussing the book, talking about the national picture, and explaining the role of the Network for Public Education in pushing back against the Billionaire Combine. It was a lively and engaged crowd, including Lisa Rudley of New York State Allies for Public Education, one of the heroes of my book.
On Friday, Mary and I flew to Fort Lauderdale, where one of my nephews was getting married. It was a good time to catch up with family whom I don’t see often and to eat vast quantities of food (blowing away one of my New Year’s resolutions).
After the wedding festivities concluded, we moved to the apartment of New York friends who spend every winter in Fort Lauderdale.
Monday night was an event at one of America’s best independent bookstores: Books and Books in Coral Gables. And what a bookstore it is! I’m glad I got there early, with time to browse the shelves of this beautiful store, which has a vast supply of unusual books of CONTINUE READING: Book Tour Diary: Early Days | Diane Ravitch's blog

Big Education Ape: My Book Tour Dates for SLAYING GOLIATH | Diane Ravitch's blog - https://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/01/my-book-tour-dates-for-slaying-goliath.html