Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 29, 2019

Teachers Are Not Responsible for Student Growth or Achievement | gadflyonthewallblog

Teachers Are Not Responsible for Student Growth or Achievement | gadflyonthewallblog

Teachers Are Not Responsible for Student Growth or Achievement

Earlier this week, I was rushed to another urgent early morning staff meeting at my school.
I had my laptop with me and was frantically trying to get everything ready that I’d need for the day.
Discussion guide to introduce the concept of science fiction? Check.
Questions on literacy, analogy, vocabulary and sentence structure suitable for 7th grade? Check.
The same suitable for 8th grade? Check.
And as I was anxiously trying to get all this together in time for me to rush to my morning duty when the meeting was over, I quickly took a sip of my tea and tried to listen to what my administrator was saying from the front of the room.