Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 23, 2019

Movies, Word Finds, and Coloring Sheets - Teacher Habits

Movies, Word Finds, and Coloring Sheets - Teacher Habits

Movies, Word Finds, and Coloring Sheets

My daughter is in eighth grade now. She’s doing math I don’t remember and solved some problems the other night that I couldn’t help her with (luckily, Alexa could). She’s taking German and is all guten this and guten that when she gets home. She’s a programmer on her robotics team. She’s read “The Lottery” and “The Monkey’s Paw” in English class. She’s getting better at playing along with Jeopardy!
She has also brought home a coloring assignment and a word find during the first four weeks of school.
In sixth grade, we joked that one of her classes should have been called Watching Movies I’ve Already Seen.
I am supposed to be upset about this. The teacher in me (who gave up word finds and coloring sheets as assignments many years ago) should be outraged. I should follow the lead of many other teachers and parents who demand more of schools and post my CONTINUE READING: Movies, Word Finds, and Coloring Sheets - Teacher Habits