Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 20, 2017

When decency and kindness is a radical concept. My bed is made. | Fred Klonsky

When decency and kindness is a radical concept. My bed is made. | Fred Klonsky:

When decency and kindness is a radical concept. My bed is made.

IMG_1712.jpg

Even though this is a dreary, rainy Chicago day I’m in a good mood. Yesterday morning we did a great Hitting Left with our friend Jerry Harris. And then last night we had dinner and good conversation with old friends.
In a few weeks this blog will hit the 4 million page views mark. Our podcast numbers are increasing each week. A lot of people like what we say.
But inevitably the small – I want to emphasize small – number of trolls need to send nasty and mean spirited comments. It’s not that they disagree. I’m good with that. It is that they are mean and anonymous and know that their comments will never see the light of day on this blog.
They just get off on sending them.
I mentioned on the radio show yesterday that it seems that a political party with a program of decency and kindness would seem radical in today’s climate.
Okay.
To show you what I mean I will make a rare exception. This morning this appeared in my in-box:
Fred,
One can get tired of listening to the bitching from people that freely chose a path in life for reasons that had little or nothing to do with money and then at the end they decide to count the chips, they find out there are not as many as they thought.
So you bitch, piss and moan out of jealously and a perceived lack of fairness in the world, then try to figure out ways to get some for yourself based on the mistaken belief that you some how “deserve” it.
After all you did work hard and are good people, and contributed a lot more to society than the assholes that got it all.
To you I say KISS MY ASS!!!!
Or as grandma would so eloquently put it “you made your bed…………..”
As I said, I’m in a really good mood this morning and so I’m going to respond to this When decency and kindness is a radical concept. My bed is made. | Fred Klonsky: