Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 4, 2016

It’s Crunch Time-Let’s Do This! - Lily's Blackboard

It’s Crunch Time-Let’s Do This! - Lily's Blackboard:

It’s Crunch Time-Let’s Do This!


I don’t know about you, but I am excited! (And not just because the Cubs won the World Series after a century-long drought.) I’m excited to make history! The moment we’ve been building up to has arrived. We are voting on Tuesday, November 8.
I am thrilled that after the many phone calls we’ve made, the voters we’ve registered, the doors we’ve knocked on and the shoes we’ve worn out (not to mention the aching feet we’ve soaked), Election Day is finally here.
Whew!
So I bet you think I’m going to tell you to keep going and keep volunteering as we cross the finish line. Maybe you think I’ll tell you again how important this election is—not just the presidential race, but the down-ballot races, too, particularly in battleground states such as Virginia, North Carolina and Ohio. If that’s what you think, you know me too well. You are absolutely right.
But mostly, I’m going to urge you to vote. Studies show that if you make a plan for it, you’re more likely to stick with it and get yourself to the polls.
Know your polling place. If you have any questions about whether you are registered, please visit this website: iwillvote.com.
And remember, as long as you’re at your polling place before it closes, you must be allowed to cast your ballot. If you’re not sure where your polling place is or what the hours are, find out now!
vote-writen-on-blackboard

I know you’re tired. Believe me—I understand. I’ve knocked on so many doors, I’ve forgotten what my own front door looks like. But we’re so close to victory. We must keep marching forward; our students are depending on us.
So when you get tired, do what I do: Change your shoes, grab a cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate and keep going. One of America’s greatest poets, Robert Frost, said it best:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Big Education Ape