Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Who I'm Voting for to Sit on the Seattle City Council

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Who I'm Voting for to Sit on the Seattle City Council:

Who I'm Voting for to Sit on the Seattle City Council




I view the City Council races in two ways. One, public education in Seattle.  I want people on the Council who know where the line is between the district running itself and the City's role in supporting that effort.

Two, livability in Seattle (which I think is becoming an issue as our growth shoots up like a firecracker.) 

I want progressives on the City Council so my choices are:

District 1 (SW) Lisa Herbold  is a very strong candidate who is whip-smart and hard-working.  (I also like that Ms Herbold, having worked for Councilman Nick Licata for years, would know City Hall very well.)

District 2 (SE) - Tammy Morales.  There are many things to like/admire about Councilman Harrell but I find his work underwhelming.  That, coupled with some odd happenings at the 37th District endorsement meeting, make me believe it's time for change.

District 3 (Central) - Kshama Sawant.  Say what you will but she keeps people honest and she cares deeply about the average working person in this city.  We need that kind of counterbalance on the Council.

District 4 (Lake Union to Sand Pt) -  this is my region and I'm voting forMichael Maddux.  It's a good choice in this race and Rob Johnson is a nice guy but again, I want someone who will represent all of Seattle.  I think 
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Who I'm Voting for to Sit on the Seattle City Council: