Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Reddit Collects the Sickest Burns From Teacher to Students - Yahoo News

Reddit Collects the Sickest Burns From Teacher to Students - Yahoo News:

Reddit Collects the Sickest Burns From Teacher to Students



Reddit Collects the Sickest Burns From Teacher to Students


There's something so satisfying about a teacher completely destroying a smart-ass student with a sick burn in front of a whole class. It probably has something to do with corny teachers being the underdog when they're outnumbered like 30 to 1 by younger, "cooler" students. 
And that's why this new Reddit thread posted in the Ask Reddit sub is so entertaining. 
It asks "What is the sickest burn you have seen a teacher give to a student?" and thousands of people are sharing their stories. Here's a few gems from the comments:
Student constantly skips class

Teacher: "Where's Justin?"

Student: I can call him if you want.

Teacher: Do it.
calls Justin
Teacher: Hey, Justin where are you at when you should be in my class?
Justin: (you can tell he's a little freaked out) Uhhh.. McDonalds.
Teacher: Pick up an application.
click

Student (I forget why): "I'm going to be one of the people running the world, by then. I'm the future."
Teacher: "That's like reminding me that I'm going to die. Only more depressing. "

Teacher: (Doing attendance) "Jonny, there you are...Sarah, oh hi Sarah I didn't recognize you without your glasses (pretty girl who usually wears glasses)....and (to Ben, the class clown) Ben...where's Ben (he's in his usual spot) Oh Ben there you are I didn't recognize you with your mouth shut!.

Substitute was a cool 20 something year old guy. He was giving a lecture on math and stuff when his voice cracks. For a few seconds no one notices it, then some kid imitates the squeak and gets a couple giggles.

Then the teacher turns around and says "Listen kid, the reason my voice is cracking is cause I've been talking all day. The reason your voice cracked is cause your balls never dropped."
There are thousands more of them you can check out over at Reddit
FoZG1qdTo4eWDxTXuwiLGGqrU3tNTtv2
Continue Reading On Complex