Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 27, 2015

To Tom Balanoff and the SEIU: Join me in song. | Fred Klonsky

To Tom Balanoff and the SEIU: Join me in song. | Fred Klonsky:



To Tom Balanoff and the SEIU: Join me in song.



SEIU-CST-022715


 SEIU President Tom Balanoff.

My grandfather was a rabbi. My dad was one his four sons. My uncle Ben became a Cantor, but all all my uncles and my dad had beautiful voices. And they all sang in my grandfather’s temple, including my dad until he split at seventeen to join the International Brigades in Spain.
But that is another story.
My dad had this wonderful deep voice and he loved singing Paul Robeson songs. We would find him doing some household chore while singing, “Sometimes I feel like a motherless child…”, which would cause my brother and me to crack up. But really, he had a great voice.
I did not inherent the gene.
However, this morning I would ask you to join me in an old Methodist hymn.