Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 29, 2014

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Shooting the messenger

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Shooting the messenger:



Shooting the messenger

On Friday, I received the following missive from SEIU Pres. Christine Boardman via the union's general counsel Tyson Roan.





First, I'm glad to find that the president of SEIU Local 73 is such an avid reader of SmallTalk. I remember meeting Mayor Emanuel at a social event a while back (got friends in low places) and as he shook my hand, he said to the hosts, "Yeah, I know Klonsky. I read his blog." I retorted, "...and you're still talking to me?" The mayor answered, "It's a free country. Your entitled to you're opinion."



Pres. Boardman, a quasi-public figure like the mayor, is not so generous.



Not wanting to impugn anyone's integrity and certainly not wanting to face the full might and fury of SEIU's legal department, I took Pres. Boardman's charges seriously and reread my Sept. 16th post, "The rats are having a field day at CPS"(boy, are they ever). And you know what? I think Pres. Boardman raises two good points.



First, she says my statement that she signed off on an agreement between CPS and private custodial subcontractors" is "entirely false, and has no basis whatsoever in Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Shooting the messenger: