Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

8-13-14 Jersey Jazzman

Jersey Jazzman:







Book Review: This Is Not a Test, by José Luis Vilson
Let me start with the easiest part of this review:Buy and read José Luis Vilson's This Is Not a Test.@TheJVL is one of the better known teacher-bloggers around, and a prodigious tweeter. He asks hard questions and gives little quarter when it comes to issues of race and education (although I've noticed he also has greater patience with those who are willing to engage in a sincere, respectful dialo




8-9-14 Jersey Jazzman NJ Ed News Round-up Jammin' All Week
Jersey Jazzman:Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All WeekEXCLUSIVE: Newark Teachers Union's Joe Del Grosso, In His Own WordsI really didn't think I'd be interviewing Joe Del Grosso yesterday.When I reached out to my contacts in the Newark Teachers Union, I was looking for a response from them regarding the news, first reported by the estimable Bob Braun, that a Newark parent group, PULSE, was pushing a feder