Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 10, 2014

8-10-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:







This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”
I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minimal description. It forces me to look through these older links, and help me organize them for my own use. I hope others will find them helpful, too

New Video: “Our Curiosity” With Neil DeGrasse Tyson
I’m adding this new video to The Best Sites For Learning About The Mars Rover Curiosity:

This Week In Web 2.0
In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth blogging about, I’ve recently begin a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” (you might also be interested in The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2013). I also sometimes include tech tools that might not exactly fit the definition of Web 2.0: An Easy Guide to Creating a Presentation in Canva is from the
Important Resources On Race
© 2012 Sasha Kimel, Flickr | CC-BY-ND | via Wylio Though the circumstances of Michael Brown’s shooting last night in Missouri are still not clear, it does echo the deaths of so many other young African-American youth. Here are some new additions to A Collection Of Useful Posts, Articles & Videos On Race & Racism: White People Are Fine With Laws That Harm Blacks is from Slate. Telling white

‘Read, Write, Lead’: An Interview With Regie Routman
‘Read, Write, Lead’: An Interview With Regie Routman is the headline of my latest column over at Education Week Teacher. Here are a couple of excerpts:

Manuscript For My Third Book On Student Motivation Is Done!
© 2009 studio tdes, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio Though I still have to give it one last “run-through,” the manuscript for the third book in my student motivation “trilogy” is now complete and ready to submit to the publisher, Routledge. It’s titled: Building a Community of Self-Motivated Learners: Strategies to Help Students Thrive in School and Beyond It will be published in early 2015, though the

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 8-9-14 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the WeekResources On The Iraq Crisis© 2014 Gwydion M. Williams, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio Here are new additions to The Best Web Resources On The Iraq War: Maps: Crisis in Iraq is from CNN. The Iraq-ISIS Conflict in Maps, Photos and Video is from The New York Times.by Larry Ferlazzo / 7h Importa