Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 28, 2014

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: "Real Life" Vs. Technology!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: "Real Life" Vs. Technology!:



"Real Life" Vs. Technology!

Saturday was our annual cookout. Fun, food, family, and friends! Good times.:)

As I was walking past the group on the deck, I noticed they were passing around a tablet.
When I asked what they were doing they replied that they were playing Scrabble.
I pointed to the table below, and yelled, "There's a "real life" Scrabble game sitting on that table!"
They ignored me and continued to pass the tablet.
My 23 year year old felt the need to remind me that this was 2014.

I didn't forget the year.

However, why should I forget what it feels like to actually play "real life" Scrabble?

The excitement of choosing your letter, feeling disappointed or thrilled with what you pulled.

The feel of the tiles as you hold them in your hands, fresh from the bag.

The snatching back of letters as youDIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: "Real Life" Vs. Technology!: