Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 7, 2014

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Loving Classroom Tools That Start Free, and Stay Free! We Appreciate You!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Loving Classroom Tools That Start Free, and Stay Free! We Appreciate You!:



Loving Classroom Tools That Start Free, and Stay Free! We Appreciate You!

Click the pic to take you to the article on WeareTeachers Blog!

It is common knowledge that teaching is one of the hardest professions. We  make very little money, and yet , we have a high level of "out-of-pocket" expenses.  That's why I (and probably every teacher I know), love it when someone comes out with a Fun Resource that Entertains and Engages,(FREE) ! Get it?

However, what irks, and disappoints  me the most,  are the companies who provide you with a free tool when they first enter the market.   They reel you in, and you use their products for an entire school year, loving every minute of it.  You get to the "How could I teach without this? point", and then BAM! They want you to pay! 
Isn't there another way? Couldn't they be a little less expensive? 

And I'm already way ahead of them on solutions to affordability.
"Write a grant" they say.  Grant writing is a timely process and just like money, that's not something I have a lot of!
"Ask your district", they say. Can anyone say "budget cuts?"
"JUST $29.95 a year!" Well imagine if I pay every company for the tool I enjoy using $29.95 a year every year! Do the Math...
"We have the free version", and the free version sucksess-fully(I have to say, some non-premium products  are still pretty cool), though keeps me from giving 20+ kids what would really benefit them in the classroom.
"Come up with an innovative idea, and then get hundreds of people to come to our site and vote for DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Loving Classroom Tools That Start Free, and Stay Free! We Appreciate You!: