Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 7, 2014

7-7-14 Curmudgucation Week

CURMUDGUCATION:





Hitting the Road

In a few hours my wife and  I will get on a plane and head off for Seattle, where I will learn about PLCs (yay) and stay with my daughter and son-in-law. From there, it's off to LA, where we will stay with my son and future daughter-in-law. Consequently, things will be quieter than usual here. Were I a blogger of Diane Ravitch's stature and stamina, I would keep up my regular output while strapped


7-6-14 Curmudgucation Week
CURMUDGUCATION: All Minority SchoolsLast Tuesday the Atlantic became the gazillionth news outlet to report that this coming fall, the student population of the US will be less than 50% white.There's remarkably little comment on or discussion of this, even in the Atlantic's article. I can think of several reasons for this to go unremarked.1) It's not exactly news because it's been coming for quite