Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4-15-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum

Seattle Schools Community Forum:







Tuesday Open Thread

Now, for the second year in a row, the most objected to book in libraries is...Captain Underpants.   Do these boys "defy" authority and do silly things?  Yes.  Do I think it needs a warning label, "Kids, don't try this at school?"  Not really.  (I even have a tiny Captain Underpants toy in my car who serves as my parking diviner.  Works 95% of the time.)You've probably all hear


4-14-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Common Core Roundup (with trends and memes)I'd been meaning to do this for awhile but every single day - in multiple news outlets - there are stories about Common Core.  I occasionally see some "good news" ones but frankly, those mostly come from Gates Foundation funded groups (or more often than not, seriously, in Forbes magazine).Let's be clear - this i