Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 21, 2014

Behind the Test – Kicking off my new blog series. #BehindTheTest | Continuing Change

Behind the Test – Kicking off my new blog series. #BehindTheTest | Continuing Change:



Behind the Test – Kicking off my new blog series. #BehindTheTest



I have recently considered doing a regular pod cast on education. I debated a name for this new series. Tonight, I decided on a name. While listening to my favorite podcast, a 1930′s radio show entitled, ‘Behind the Mike’ I decided to call my show ‘Behind the Test’.
I hope to dive deep into this recent obsession with high stakes testing in schools. To start off this announcement, I will share a tweet by a friend today. She is opting her child out of testing.
Retweeted  (@MSGunderson): My son, who is in 8th grade and opted out, asked me to write this on his forearm in protest. http://t.co/HlkPnPfND5
This is the state of testing in education today.
Read the writing on the wall … on the arms … behind the test.
First podcast tomorrow, March 22nd. #BehindTheTest
.
Behind The Mike: