Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 28, 2014

2-28-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:










The “All-Time” Best Science Sites
I’ve been posting annual lists of The Best Science Sites for a number of years. I thought it would be useful for readers, my students, and me to review them all and identify my choices for the “all-time” best ones. I’ve begun creating a number of these “All-Time” Best list, with The “All-Time” Best Ways To Create Online Content Easily & Quickly being the first ; The “All-Time” Best Web 2.0 Ap
Just Sent-Out Free Monthly Email Newsletter
I’ve just mailed out the March issue of my simple free monthly email newsletter. It has about 2,000 subscribers, and you can subscribe here.
February’s “The Best…” Lists – There Are Now 1,268 Of Them!
Here’s my monthly round-up of new “The Best…” lists I posted this month (you can see all 1,268 of them categorized here): The Best Mobile Apps For English Language Learners The “All-Time” Best Online Learning Games The “All-Time” Best Social Studies Sites The Best Resources On The Protests In Ukraine The Best Posts, Articles & Lesson Plans On The Jordan Davis Tragedy & Verdict: Our “Class
Mardi Gras Is Next Week & Here Are A Ton Of Resources
Mardi Gras is next week, and I’ve just updated The Best Sites To Learn About Mardi Gras & Carnivals. It’s a huge list, but there’s always room for more if you’d like to offer suggestions….



March 6th Is World Book Day — Check Out Updated Resources
World Book Day is March 6th. You can learn more about it, and find lots of resources, at The Best Resources For World Book Day — March 6th.

YESTERDAY

‘Reading Is Intensely Social’: An Interview With Jeffrey Wilhelm & Michael Smith
‘Reading Is Intensely Social’: An Interview With Jeffrey Wilhelm & Michael Smith is a new special post at my Education Week Teacher blog. Educators Jeffrey Wilhelm and Michael Smith are co-authors of the new book, Reading Unbound.  This interview with them is a special follow-up to the three-part series on developing life-long readers that I published earlier this week. Here’s an excerpt:


2-27-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Check Out Our New Article: “English-Language Learners and Academic Language”My colleague and co-author, Katie Hull Sypnieski, and I just published a post over at Edutopia titled English-Language Learners and Academic Language. I think readers might find it helpful. I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Developing Academic