Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My New Year’s Post | deutsch29

My New Year’s Post | deutsch29:

My New Year’s Post

January 1, 2014


When I awoke on December 31st, I planned to write my New Year’s post. However, AFT’s 10 Myths rattled my cage, so I spent the better part of the day writing my response.
For me, 2013 has been a remarkable year. How my life has changed, and much of it due to this blog.
I attended college for thirteen years– six for my undergrad; two for my masters, and four for my doctorate. Not once in thirteen years of college did I pull an all-nighter. In fact, I cannot remember staying up past midnight in order to work on any assignment.
I laugh at that idea now, for I cannot count the number of times I have had four (or fewer) hours of sleep because I wanted to write a post for this blog. I consider doing so to be well worth my time.
Apparently readers nationwide (some, even worldwide) believe reading my work is well worth their time, also. It used to be that a google search of my name produced only automobile ads.
No more.
On Christmas Day, my mother and I stopped by her neighbor’s to say hello. Her