Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 6, 2013

12-6-13 Seattle Schools Community Forum: Friday Open Thread

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Friday Open Thread:




Education News Roundup
I know that many of you do not read these Ed News Roundups.  I get it; there's a lot to do and read in a day.But understand this is to let you know what the REST of the country is experiencing so that (1) we don't have these things happening to our state and our district and (2) we can learn what works and doesn't work.My biggest fear is really two-fold.  One, that too many entities for not-so-goo


Friday Funny
Well, I just saw this and loved it so for the Friday funny - a flash mob for a painting.

Friday Open Thread
My husband just happens to be in a conference in South Africa.  He said they had a moment of silence this morning for Nelson Mandela and their first speaker said this:"He shamed us into putting aside our petty differences by shaking the hand of his tormentors when he was released from prison."I wouldn't say I have tormentors but I would like, as an early New Year's resolution, to try to
12-4-13 Seattle Schools Community Forum
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Katie Dolan; Activist Katie Dolan, a long-time activist for the rights of disabled people in Washington state, died last Saturday, the Seattle Times reports.  I had never heard of Ms. Dolan but I'm glad to have read about her important contributions.  Her family was among the first to participate in Northwest Center, which provided developmentally disabled students