Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm The M.E.T.H.O.D. Man (Classroom Questioning, Tiger Style) - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson

I'm The M.E.T.H.O.D. Man (Classroom Questioning, Tiger Style) - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson:

I’m The M.E.T.H.O.D. Man (Classroom Questioning, Tiger Style)

by JOSE VILSON on NOVEMBER 12, 2013
Wu Tang Clan
Wu Tang Clan
Never be afraid to keep students at arms’ length from you work-wise.
Therein lies the struggle right now with the immediacy of our work as educators. Too often, we torture ourselves trying to give away all the answers instead of waiting patiently for the right time to insert ourselves. The more we keep feeding them and feeding them and feeding them, the less we can expect our kids to think for ourselves.
Rather than knocking you off your cloud, let me tell you about me and a little more about my style, of which I have many.

Here I Am, Here I Am

I’m OK with saying “I don’t know” when students ask me about the Do Now. I like mixing in a reflective question every other day to kick off a lesson just to see if the students remember
- See more at: http://thejosevilson.com/im-m-e-t-h-o-d-man-classroom-questioning-tiger-style/#sthash.QQPRhWwk.dpuf