Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Light at the End of the Tunnel | A fine WordPress.com site

A Light at the End of the Tunnel | A fine WordPress.com site:

Charter Schools and Segregation



I was recently asked what I envisioned the future of education to be under Governor Christie. Let me say that Governor Christie is not the only politician in our country that has this plan for pushing through the current trend of education reform policies.  One of the statements I made included the fact that I see a future of charter schools across the nation.  One reason I feel that this should not be allowed is that charter schools are able to be more discriminatory in the types of students that they admit for enrollment.  These schools are capable of denying the admissions of different sectors of our student populations, such as our English Language Learners and classified special Education students.  Because of the fact that these