Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 6, 2013

R.E.C.L.A.I.M. the Promise of Public Education | Angel Cintron Jr.

R.E.C.L.A.I.M. the Promise of Public Education | Angel Cintron Jr.:

R.E.C.L.A.I.M. the Promise of Public Education

Image
My name is Angel L. Cintron Jr. I’m a third year DC Public Schools teacher at Charles Hart Middle School. I teach 7th grade social studies. I firmly take the pledge to R.E.C.L.A.I.M. the Promise of Public Education by elevating my “teaching game.”

REFLECT on my instructional practices, EVERY single day
I pledge to reflect on my instructional practices, and not rant about student misbehavior and parental non-involvement. I pledge to hold myself accountable for student academic growth.

EDUCATE every student, EVERY single day
I pledge to educate all students. I pledge to deliver high quality lessons and student-centered activities. I pledge to check for student understanding often, and align my lesson goals to rigorous standards.

COLLABORATE with colleagues, EVERY single day
I pledge to collaborate with every colleague, both within my school building and beyond. I pledge to use social networking to share ideas, lesson plans, and support fellow educators.

LEARN something new about teaching, EVERY single day
I pledge to